hotels
Home Sectors Hotels

Hotels

Rapid Dry Envelope

Fusion’s unique pre-insulated external wall system, with the option of rapid window fitting (including a factory-fit option), enables internal works to commence earlier and takes external cladding off the critical path, thus enabling earlier opening of the hotel, with less programme risk.

Catalyst for Step Change

While the Fusion superstructure typically only accounts for 10% of the overall build cost, the decision to use Fusion can impact on all of the remaining 90% of costs. Fusion is, therefore, able to act as a catalyst to create step change in build programme and costs.

Envelope Energy Efficiency

Fusion’s patented pre-insulated external wall system is an excellent basis for creating highly thermally efficient building envelopes. This not only reduces running costs in use via lower heating bills, but it can also be used to reduce the capital cost of M&E – which is typically twice the cost of the Fusion superstructure.

Shrinkage/Differential Movement

Fusion’s engineered light gauge steel solution does not suffer from shrinkage or unpredictable differential movement, which affects other forms of construction. This reduces remedial costs and, perhaps more importantly, reduces damage to reputation and increases the prospect of repeat business.

Build Cost

The typical cost of Fusion’s superstructure, including pre-insulated external walls is £4,000/bed.

Cost in Use

The absence of differential movements/shrinkage and general stability of an engineered steel structure significantly reduces the need for ongoing maintenance. This, along with the energy efficiency savings provided by Fusion’s high-performance thermal envelope, means that ongoing running costs of a Fusion structure are significantly reduced.

 

Latest Case Study

Bromsgrove Street

Birmingham's new Bromsgrove Street student accommodation constructed with Fusion's light gauge steel superstructure
View Case Studies