student-top
Home Sectors Student

Student

Speed of Build

Fusion has a track record of creating the superstructure of student accommodation at a build rate of up to 1000m2 / week of gross floor area. For example, at Castle Mill, Oxford, Fusion erected 8 no. blocks of 4/5 storey blocks of accommodation in only 14 weeks.

Complete Build in < 12 months

Fusion has worked on several student accommodation schemes that have been completed in 12 months, meeting the increasing demand to complete projects within a single academic year.

Build Cost

The typical cost of Fusion’s superstructure, including pre-insulated external walls is £4,000/bed.

Catalyst for Step Change

While the Fusion superstructure typically only accounts for 10% of the overall build cost, the decision to use Fusion can impact on all of the remaining 90% of costs. Fusion is therefore able to act as a catalyst to create step change in build programme and costs.

Envelope Energy Efficiency

Fusion’s patented pre-insulated external wall system is an excellent basis for creating highly thermally efficient building envelopes. This not only reduces running costs in use via lower heating bills, but it can also be used to reduce the capital cost of M&E – which is typically twice the cost of the Fusion superstructure.

Shrinkage/Differential Movement

Fusion’s engineered light gauge steel solution does not suffer from shrinkage or unpredictable differential movement, which affects other forms of construction methods. This reduces remedial costs and, perhaps more importantly, reduces damage to reputation and increases the prospect of repeat business.

Cost in Use

The absence of differential movements/shrinkage and general stability of an engineered steel structure significantly reduces the need for ongoing maintenance. This, along with the energy efficiency savings provided by Fusion’s high-performance thermal envelope, means that ongoing running costs of a Fusion structure are significantly reduced.

Latest Case Study

Addlestone One – town centre regeneration

Addlestone
View Case Studies