Reporting to: Design Manager
Purpose of Role:
Fusion Building Systems is a leader in the LGSF industry. Due to our on-going success and expanding workload we are now seeking to appoint a Technical Designer to work alongside Structural engineers, Pre-Construction Co-ordinators and Design Team Leaders.
The position will be based at our Head Office in Northampton. This is an excellent opportunity to join a company who is highly committed to their employees. We value outstanding performance which is key to our continued growth and success.
The purpose of the role is to translate architect’s drawings and details into the Fusion system for pre-design and framing purposes. The successful candidate will be required to produce detailed drawings to aid in the accurate Manufacture and Erection of the Fusion System, whilst looking to optimise the design to minimise commercial implications whilst ensuring compliance to design principles.
The duties for this role include:
- Produce Fusion Pre-Con Design GA’s with a view to achieving Fusion Design Freeze.
- Produce Fusion framing drawings for walls, floors and sections for issue to Construction and Manufacturing
- Maintain a high level of drawing standards at all times.
- Report to Design and Structural Manager/Design Team Leader on work in progress
- Liaise in detail with the Pre-Construction Co-ordinator.
- Update and coordinate any design amendments, maintaining a register of changes.
- Coordinate and liaise with external parties to include architects, consultants and specialists.
- Produce steel frame material schedules.
- Liaise with the estimating team/pre-design team in the production of estimates.
- Coordinate and distribute design information to the Production Floor.
- Manage technical questions and queries that are generated from within the Fusion design team & from external sources.
- Report to Design and Structural Manager/Design Team Leader on work in progress.
- Attend Pre-Contract Design Meetings
- Attend Design Team Meetings
- Value engineering on a project by project basis
- Work closely with Fusion structural engineers
- Working to meet set deadlines.
Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate is likely to have knowledge and experience of:
- AutoCAD, FusionSoft, Revit, LGS design
- Working with architects and structural engineers
- Working to tight timescales
- Working as part of a team or on their own.
- Construction related qualification.
Interested applicants should send their CV and covering letter to Andrew Plumb email@example.com or call 07398 261133 for an informal chat.
There are no other vacancies currently available at Fusion.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org